So Your Club Wants to Host an Event
An event may include, but is not limited to social events, community service, field trips, fundraisers and leadership development activities. Use the sections below for step-by-step guidance.
Required: Club Event Planning Form
- Submit the Club Event Planning Form at least two weeks prior to event.
- Once submitted, Student Life will guide you through the next steps.
Check out the Club Event Planning Guide which outlines requirements and deadlines by type of event.
Event Considerations and Travel Forms
Raffle Forms and Procedures
Raffles must adhere to the rules and regulations of the state of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing. Please print and review the following raffle forms before submitting your club event planning form to host a raffle. Failure to complete steps may result in a club’s loss of ability to host future raffles.
- Raffle Approval Form (valid 2/15/22-2/14/23) – Advance Ticket Sales (MS Word version) — Use this form for raffle tickets sold prior to the day of an event where a winner need not be present to win.
- Raffle Approval Form (valid 2/15/22-2/14/23) – Day of Ticket Sales (MS Word version) — Use this form for raffle tickets sold during an event. Winner must be present to win.
- Raffle Report Form (MS Word version) — Review this form PRIOR to beginning sales and ensure all items are completed at the time of the raffle.
Financial Considerations and Forms
- Complete an optional budget planning worksheet
- Submit a Club Funding Request after reviewing the Student Club Funding Rubric and NTC Success Skills. You may also find this Club Funding Request Preparation (MS Word version) helpful.
- Make deposits (MS Word version) into club account.
- To make a payment to a specific person or business, advisors will use a p-card or submit a “supplier invoice request” via Workday.
- If the payment is to a student club member for reimbursement:
- Student must complete the Student Supplier Request Form (MS Word Version).
- Advisor (or Student Life can assist) creates a Supplier Request in Workday using the information from the form.
- Wait 24-48 hours to receive notification from Workday that the Supplier Request is complete.
- Then advisor submits the Supplier Invoice Request via Workday. You must include the receipt for items as well as approval from the club for the purchase. Approval can be in the form of club minutes or an email with approval from multiple members.
- Transfer club funds (MS Word version) to another club on campus.
- If you’re receiving funding from Student Life, request to transfer funds (MS Word version). Krista can fill out this form alongside you. Just schedule an appointment and bring all receipts with you. This must be within 45 days of event/travel.
Save the Date
- Club and Advisor Orientation | Pick the one that best fits your schedule:
- Club and Advisor Listening Session| Pick the one that best fits your schedule:
Additional Club Resources