Mandatory Student Accident Insurance (Pan American Life Insurance Group)
This insurance plan will cover students when an accident occurs on campus, attending a practicum program or other recognized student group approved by the College or during travel to and from a program. The plan offers comprehensive benefits including hospital room and board, inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures, labs and x-rays, physician office visits, ambulance, durable medical equipment, emergency care and prescription drugs. There are no deductibles and the maximum benefit allowed for each accident is $50,000. This coverage per student per semester is $4.00. The following student groups are not eligible for this benefit:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Correspondence Course
- Continuing Education (non credit)
- Business and Industry Solutions (B&IS)
- High School Distance Education Contracts
- High School Transcripted Credit
- Alternative High School
Please see the Mandatory Insurance FAQ 2022-23 for more information. Students can opt out of the Mandatory Accident Insurance program if they can provide proof of similar accident insurance coverage. For more information, please contact Shawn Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715.803.1267.
Aspirus Wausau Family Medicine Clinic
The following services will be provided to NTC students during the 2022-2023 school year at no cost to the student, with a valid current student ID:
- Rubella Titer
- Mumps Titer
- Rubeola Titer (measles)
- Varicella Titer (chickenpox)
- TB skin tests (administration and read)*
- Administered by appointment only: Monday, 1:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.; Tuesday, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and Tuesday, 1:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Reads will be scheduled Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and Thursday, 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Physical exam per school form/parameters
The above services are available by appointment only, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, only at Aspirus Business Health Clinic Locations. Review the Student Health Services 2022-2023 document for addresses/phone numbers and pricing.
Other Local Health Care Providers
Bridge Clinic believes everyone deserves access to health and dental care. Working on a sliding fee scale, they offer students and their families quality medical care. For information, call them at 715.848.4884 or visit www.bridgeclinic.org.
Healthfirst provides high quality, affordable and accessible reproductive and nutritional services. Healthfirst is located right down the road from NTC on 3rd Avenue.
Addiction is a problem millions of people face. If you’re fighting addiction, you are not alone. There is help for you and your family.
- Addiction Treatment Helpline, 877.340.0184
- Alcoholics Anonymous, 800.839.1686
- Narcotics Anonymous, 866.310.9077
- Al-Anon Family Groups, 888.425.2666