Thank you for your interest in NTC’s Beta Rho Zeta (BRZ) Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK).
What is Phi Theta Kappa and Beta Rho Zeta?
Phi Theta Kappa is the world’s largest and most prestigious honor society for two-year college students. Their mission is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for you to grow as scholars and leaders. Beta Rho Zeta is the chapter at Northcentral Technical College. We participate in state and national leadership conferences, complete an annual college project, and participate in Honors in Action. We’re providing you with the tools you need to be successful in college and beyond. Our chapter is renowned as a 5 Star Chapter with an impressive collection of earned awards.
Why should I join Phi Theta Kappa?
Founded on the hallmarks of Scholarship, Leadership, Fellowship and Service, benefits of membership include the ability to:
- Access over $37 million in scholarships
- Attend regional, state and national leadership functions
- Make professional connections through social events and travel opportunities
- Build your experience and resume
- Impact your community through acts of service
- Receive recognition with membership noted on your NTC transcript, your diploma and in the graduation program
How do I get started?
- Complete at least 12 credits of coursework at NTC
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5
- Receive an invitation to accept membership in mid-September or mid-February or mid-June
- Optional: Attend an information session to learn more
- Accept and pay the one-time $65 lifetime membership fee (membership scholarships may be available to help defray the cost)
I receive an invitation. Now what?
How do I make the most of my PTK membership?
Take your Phi Theta Kappa membership to the next level by being actively involved in NTC’s PTK Chapter: Beta Rho Zeta (BRZ) – an active member of the PTK Wisconsin Region. Check out the TOP TEN BENEFITS of active membership, including being awarded the PTK stole to wear at graduation.*
*Please note, members who are not active in the Beta Rho Zeta chapter may choose to purchase their own PTK stole to wear with their graduation regalia. Stoles are only available for purchase by members through the online Phi Theta Kappa store.
How do I become an active Beta Rho Zeta member?
Once you’ve accepted your membership, you’ll be added to the Beta Rho Zeta Canvas course where you’ll find all the details about leadership opportunities, chapter and regional events, service options and more. You can also reach out to advisor Krista Reince (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about joining the BRZ Leadership Team (aka inner circle).
Who are the PTK/BRZ advisors