Thank you for your interest in NTC’s Beta Rho Zeta (BRZ) Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK).
What is Phi Theta Kappa and Beta Rho Zeta?
Phi Theta Kappa is the world’s largest and most prestigious honor society for two-year college students. Their mission is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for you to grow as scholars and leaders. Beta Rho Zeta is the chapter at Northcentral Tehcnical College. We participate in state and national leadership conferences, complete an annual college project, and participate in Honors in Action. We’re providing you with the tools you need to be successful in college and beyond. Our chapter is renowned as a 5 Star Chapter with an impressive collection of earned awards.
Why should I join Phi Theta Kappa?
Founded on the hallmarks of Scholarship, Leadership, Fellowship and Service, benefits of membership include the ability to:
- Access over $37 million in scholarships
- Attend regional, state and national leadership functions
- Make professional connections through social events and travel opportunities
- Build your experience and resume
- Impact your community through acts of service
- Receive recognition with membership noted on your NTC transcript, your diploma and in the graduation program
How do I get started?
- Complete at least 12 credits of coursework at NTC
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5
- Receive an invitation to accept membership in mid-September and mid-February
- Optional: Attend an information session to learn more
- Accept and pay the one-time $65 lifetime membership fee (membership scholarships may be available to help defray the cost)
How do I make the most of my PTK membership?
Take your Phi Theta Kappa membership to the next level by being actively involved in NTC’s PTK Chapter: Beta Rho Zeta (BRZ) – an active member of the PTK Wisconsin District. Check out the TOP TEN BENEFITS of active membership, including being awarded the PTK stole to wear at graduation.*
*Please note, members who are not active in the Beta Rho Zeta chapter may choose to purchase their own PTK stole to wear with their graduation regalia. Stoles are only available for purchase by members through the online Phi Theta Kappa store.
How do I become an active Beta Rho Zeta member?
Choose one or more of the following PTK or non-PTK activities:
PTK Activities Related to BRZ
- Participate in 3 BRZ Events
- Serve on a BRZ Committee
- Serve as a BRZ Officer
- Obtain a 4-star status using Competitive Edge
- Serve as a Campus Ambassador during 3 events per semester
- Complete 24 hours of Community Service
- Serve as a Student Club Officer while participating in 2 club events per semester and obtaining a 75% attendance rate. (Remember to complete and submit the Student Club Officer Report (MS Word version) form.)
- Attend 3 Student Life Leadership Programming events
Who are the Beta Rho Zeta officers and how do I become one?
Beta Rho Zeta (BRZ) officers are student leaders who ultimately determine the direction of the chapter. They work with chapter members and advisors to complete the Five Star Goal and Honors in Action Project, host leadership activities, coordinate volunteerism/community service, and encourage fellowship among all members.
- Vice President of Scholarship
- Vice President of Leadership
- Vice President of Service
- Vice President of Fellowship
- Director of Communications
Interested in becoming a member of the leadership team? Elections are held the second Tuesday of April or when openings occur throughout the year. Contact Krista Reince for information on position responsibilities and to complete the BRZ Officer Application.
Who are the PTK/BRZ advisors
- Krista Reince, Student Development Coordinator – email@example.com
- Amy Southworth, Star Fish Early Alert Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shawn Sullivan, Director of Student Development – email@example.com
- Carrie Heckendorf, Business Technology Faculty – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Chitwood, Sport/Athletic Director – email@example.com